Best of the Barossa - Small Group Tour - Pick up Barossa
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: TSA-1A
Tours for guests being picked up and returned to Wine regions tour will be tailored accordingly.
Guests pick-up is 10am drop-off is 4pm.
EXAMPLE ITINERARY (tours are tailored to individual tastes & needs)
- Tasting of fine wines at smaller winery’s such as Kellermeister, who combines a mixture of old and new world wine styles.
- Travel over Jacobs Creek to visit some smaller wine cellars, full of rustic charm who make wines in the traditional Barossa method, these include Rockfords and Charlie Melton. We may include visits to other small wineries and meet well-known wine identities.
- Stop for a stroll in the German town of Tanunda with time to discover the small shops, many of which specialise in locally made crafts.
- Before lunch we take the picturesque drive up to Menglers Hill for an unsurpassed view over the entire Barossa Valley. We continue into historic Angaston - the more "English" village of the Barossa. Taking time at the local Cheese Maker who has won many awards for their farm cheeses. Lunch will be alfresco under the vines or at Vintners restaurant just out of Angaston.
- For those more seriously into wine our next stop might be *Henschkes winery in Keyneton, a fifth generation German winery producing outstanding wines that incorporate the best of old world and state of the art winemaking or we may visit the historic Yalumba, the biggest family run winery in Australia.
- If time permits we may visit small boutique producers such as Torbreck, Rolf Binder or Two Hands. A visit to Maggie Beer Farm shop is a must for food lovers.
- As an alternative we may travel through the picturesque villages of the Adelaide Hills to Hahndorf, the German village and taste the fine wines produced by Hahndorf Hill winery.
** Tours are personally escorted. The itinerary may change to accommodate special interest or seasonal highlights.
* Please Note: Henschkes is closed Sundays.
Images courtesy of South Australian Tourism Commission